Last Updated: October 15, 2020
DATA WE COLLECT
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or any other person, including:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Internal account ID
“Other Information” is information that does not identify you or any other person directly. Depending on the country you live in, some of this information may be considered Personal Information. Some examples of Other Information include:
- Browser and device information
- IP address
- Location data (i.e., country)
- Usage data (e.g., clicks, number of downloads)
- Information collected through cookies and other technologies
- Aggregated, anonymized information
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We, and our service providers, collect data in a variety of ways, including:
- From you: We collect Personal Information and Other Information when you provide it to us.
- From our partners: We may collect Personal Information about you if it is provided to us by our partners to perform a service you requested.
HOW WE USE DATA
How We May Use Personal Information
We, and our service providers, may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, or that you have requested.
- To personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We also may use and disclose Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Transferred
How We Use Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, or if it is combined with Personal Information, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations. Please refer to their privacy policies for more information.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information that we maintain within our organization. We also seek to use third-party service providers capable of protecting the information they maintain or process for us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email, or updating your communications preferences as directed by the email.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by sending an email to TPI.Privacy@invensense.com.
Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us by email at TPI.Privacy@invensense.com, or write us at the address listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of our services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our services by emailing us at TPI.Privacy@invensense.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Our websites, products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information to us.
Our website is controlled and operated by us from Canada and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of Canada. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our websites and submitting your Personal Information to us you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including Canada, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) to us.
Trusted Positioning Inc.
405, 1000 Veterans Place Northwest,
Calgary, AB T3B 4M1 Canada
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.